Limits in Texas Holdem
In some articles, we see that the writer says " never" when talking about slow playing AA or KK hole cards before the flop. Might be true but not always or it really needs a think or two.
When slow playing AA or KK the player must weigh things first. There are some Texas Holdem limit to consider.Keep in mind that a wrong flop in a multi-way pot can make a player's drawing hand into a winner. Traditionally as the saying goes, use your powerful hole cards as a hammer to force as many creatures out as possible and go for a short handed situation. This is one Texas Holdem limit that is useful. What if you want to hide the power of your cards and later on go for a big score, though you have position? What if you want to use your pocket aces or kings and become the best hand at the table. This is successful in situations where you are short stacked and searching for a hand to go all in at the river with. This Texas Holdem strategy limit your move to deceive others.
AS a matter of fact these cards that can be slow played are very useful and winnable. Just be careful and weigh things first. It will be a great loss if you just waste these strong cards.
The best Holdem players are tight- aggressive kind of players, meaning they either raise or fold. While the loose-passive players likes to call and check more than any other action.
In Omaha and Seven card stud it is just normal to see the best players calling as compared to Holdem. Though there are some situations when they call too. These are some of the Texas Holdem examples that limit you when to call or checků
1. When playing against maniacs. - You will see that these type of players raise even if they don't have a hand. So just let them build their pot. You can somehow check them by giving a spur to raise.
2. When being on a draw - In multi-ways pot, you don't spend much just to see the next card. Advantageously when you are sitting in early position then anybody can reraise. So that you don't have to see the next card and waste a lot. A wise Texas Holdem limit strategy.
If you have a good implied odds. When you feel that you will be needing more money for the succeeding round of bet. Hence you know the next card rather cheaply. Another wise Texas Holdem limit strategy.
3. When playing against someone you have overcome before - It's a great chance to play opposite this guy. He already knows your style, That you only play strong hands. When you check he concludes that he has a chance. These assumptions will give you the chance to bluff on the succeeding rounds.
4. When slow-playing - For example, you hold pocket aces , and you want to have more money without bulling the table ( more on slow-playing aces ). You want to hide from your opponent that you have the best possible hand at that time.
5. When playing an uncertain hand - This is so particularly in low -limit game, and if it heads-up. With this you can see for yourself and check when folding seem too tight and raising too aggressive.